If you’ve been wanting to attend one of this year’s GO Fests without having to pay for the travel and tickets, you now have a chance to do so, thanks to a new contest just announced by Niantic.
The competition, called the “GO Snapshot Challenge,” asks players to create unique photographs of their favorite Pokémon in varying situations, using the special feature recently added to the game.
There are 3 categories in which to enter. Players can post their top 3 photographs for each, giving them a total of 9 chances to win!
Buddy Challenge: (April 15th – April 24th)
– Create photographs of you and your best Pokémon buddies
-Post your Top 3 Entries on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtags #GOsnapshot and #BuddyChallenge
Habitat Challenge: (April 29th – May 8th)
– Create photographs of Pokémon in their natural habitat
– Post your Top 3 Entries on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtags #GOsnapshot and #HabitatChallenge
GO Create Challenge: (May 13th- May 22nd)
– Create innovative photos using the snapshot feature
– Post your Top 3 Entries on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtags #GOsnapshot and #GoCreateChallenge
Niantic will choose 1 Grand Prize winner and 2 runners-up for each of the 3 categories. Photographs will be judged on originality, creativity, and visual fun.
Each Runner-up will be awarded a Pokéstop featuring their winning photo that will remain in place for a minimum of 3 months.
Grand Prize winners will receive the special Pokéstop AND a trip for 2 to the GO Fest of their choice.
You can read the full announcement on pokemongolive.com.
Full terms & conditions for the contest can be found here.
The 1st challenge starts Monday, April 15th.
Don’t miss out on your chance to win!