Although it’s a challenging situation to play Pokémon GO from home, Niantic is continuing to make great strides to ensure those who are dedicated Trainers have new and exciting things to do, catch, hatch, and earn within the constraints of their current situation.
Just last weekend, Trainers were able to participate in a 1st of its kind, 6-hour long Incense Day. Over the next two weeks, players can look forward to 2 more Spotlight/Mystery hours, a varied version of Community Day, and a brand new Buddy event. On top of this, several “quality of life” and “play from home” updates are expected to release in-game.
For those of you planning to participate in everything being offered, here’s a quick look at what you can expect to do and see over the upcoming days/weeks.
Tuesday, 4/21: 6pm-7pm
Featured Pokémon: Wobbuffet
Bonus: 2x Transfer Candy
Tuesday, 4/28: 6pm-7pm
Featured Pokémon: Pidgey (Shiny Possibility)
Bonus: 2x Evolve XP
Starts: Tuesday, 4/21: 8am
Ends: Monday, 4/27: 10pm
Regionals/New Shiny Monsters:
Although Illumise and Volbeat are usually region specific, both will be available (via Eggs, Research, & in the wild) in all regions during this event. Both will also have the possibility of being shiny.
– Event exclusive Field Research
– Encounter Woobat in the wild/ via Field Research tasks
– Encounter Alolan Meowth, Volbeat, & Illumise via Field Research tasks
– Catch/Hatch from 5km: Alolan Meowth, Eevee, Feebas, Lillipup, & Joltik
– More spawns of Chansey
– Earn 2x XP for all evolves (not just a Buddy)
– Buddy available (when fed) for 2x as long
– 1/2 distance to earn Buddy Candy/Hearts
– More items/souvenirs from your Buddy
Niantic will also be adding a new (yet to be revealed) gift item for Buddy Pokémon to give to Trainers.
How to Choose Your Buddy:
– Pick a Pokémon you still need to evolve (i.e. Gothita, Joltik)
– Pick a Fighter you want to earn Candy for (to power up/max out)
– Buddy up with Abra (for Community Day)
– Pick a Pokémon you want to max out on CP & Buddy Status
Community Day: April 25th
“At Home Edition”
Featured Pokémon: Abra
Time: 11am – 5pm
3x Catch Stardust
3-Hour Incense (in Lieu of Lures)
Receive Poké Balls & Other gifts from a “Great” or higher level Pokémon Buddy.
Receive a “surprise” when you take a Snapshot during CDay.
CDay Move: Counter (Fast Attack)
100% IV: 958CP
100% WB IV: 1246CP
Abra is boosted in Windy weather.
Additional Things to Know:
1. Trainers can evolve their Abra/Kadabra into an Alakazam (w/ the special move) for up to 2 hours after the event.
2. A Special, April Community Day Bundle will be available for 1280 Pokécoins. It will include an Elite Charged TM, 30 Ultra Balls, 3 Super Incubators, & 3 Incense. (One time Buy)
3. Trade a high CP/ average stat Abra or Kadabra with a fellow Trainer to not only try and improve its stats, but to avoid paying 100 Abra Candy for evolving it into Alakazam.
4. A Community Day Special Research Story (Investigating Illusions) will be purchasable for $1.00, which, when completed, will reap several rewards including 13,000 Stardust, a Poffin, and a Rocket Radar.
What’s New in the Game
Niantic is working hard to adjust/improve the game. Here’s a quick list of features recently added or planned to be added very soon.
- Item Stacking (i.e. Star Pieces, Lucky Eggs)
- Remote Raid Pass
- Daily Bonus Field Research (no Pokéstop required)
- Gifts from Buddy Pokémon
- All-at-once Power Up
- Battle-Screen Design update
Read details about these & additional updates on the Niantic blog.
Niantic recently announced that the Legendary, Landorus will be available in Tier 5 raids until 4pm EST, on April 28th, extended from the previous date of April 21st. (Check out our “how to” for Landorus, here).
Be safe. Be well. We hope to see you again soon.