Get ready Trainers for a fun filled February full of exciting Pokémon GO activities including special events, new research, and the appearance of not yet seen monsters.
For those of you planning to participate, here’s a look at what’s in store for players over the next 4 weeks.
New Research Rewards:
Woobat – Research Breakthrough Reward
Shadow Raikou – Giovanni Research Reward
Tornadus Spins into Tier 5 Raids
February 4th – 25th
Pokémon Spotlight Hour
February 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
An unnamed monster will appear more frequently in the wild during this hour.
Google’s Pokémon of the Year Competition
February 5th – 14th
Vote for your all-time favorite monster to help determine which one should win Google’s Pokémon of the Year competition.
- Type in “Pokémon Vote” in Google Search
- Sign into your Google account
- Vote for your favorite monster(s)
– Place up to 8 votes a day, one for each category.
– Vote once every day of the competition.
Mystery Bonus Hour
February 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
An unknown bonus will be live in-game during this hour.
Sinnoh Region Celebration
February 7th – 10th
- Hatch Gible, Riolu, Hippopotas, & more from 7km eggs
- Encounter Sinnoh region monsters in the wild/via Field Research
- Earn Sinnoh Stones from Field Research
- Battle Sinnoh region monsters in Raids
- Shiny Riolu & Shiny Hippopotas
Valentine’s Day Event
February 14th – 17th
- Encounter more Pink Pokémon via Raids, Eggs, Field Research & in the wild
- 6-hour Lures
- 2x Catch Candy
- Shiny Happiny (hatch)
- Shiny Chansey (in the wild)
- 1st appearance of Audino & Alomomola
Lickitung Raid Day
February 15th (2pm-5pm)
(4 Star Raid Event)
Special Move: Body Slam
Shiny: (See below)
- Open up to 40 gifts a day
- Carry up to 20 gifts at a time
- 1/2 Trade Stardust Cost
- 2x Trade Candy
- Friendship levels will increase faster
February 22nd (11am-2pm)
Featured Monster: Rhyhorn
Bonuses: 3-hour lures, 3x Catch Stardust
Special Move: Rock Wrecker (Rhyperior)
Shiny: (See below)
Pokémon Day Celebration Event
February 25th – March 2nd
February 27th (Pokémon Day) marks the day of release for the original Pokémon games in Japan. This year, Niantic is celebrating this special day with a week long event.
- Armored Mewtwo with Psystrike (Tier 5 raids)
- Party Hat Pikachu & Eevee (in the wild)
- Party Hat Bulbasaur, Charmander, & Squirtle (7km eggs)
- Clone Venusaur, Charizard & Blastoise (Tier 4 raids)
- Clone Pikachu (in photos)
- Bonus: 2 Special Trades a Day
NOTE: All party hat Pokémon listed above, can be shiny.
Nidorino & Gengar Raid Day
March 1st (2pm-5pm)
- Party Hat Nidorino (Tier 2 raids)
- Party Hat Gengar (Tier 4 raids)
- Gengar Moves: Lick, Psychic)
- Both can be shiny
Mark your calendars now for these terrific events!
sources: Niantic, gamepress (pics)