Niantic announced today the exciting news that Generation IV Pokémon are on the way. These creatures from the Sinnoh region will start appearing in the game over the coming weeks.
Along with these new additions, Niantic is also making some changes which will in their words, “rebalance” the game and “promote an improved overall experience.”
Changes to Pokémon Migration and Behavior
As you explore the world of Pokémon GO, the following changes will affect the Pokémon that appear around you:
We are making adjustments to weather and, moving forward, it will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokémon appear.
As you explore a given area, you will notice that a greater variety of Pokémon species will appear over time and at different rates.
Certain areas, such as parks and nature reserves, will now contain more varied Pokémon species.
Changes to Pokémon Effectiveness in Battle.
We also wanted to use this opportunity to rebalance in-game battle mechanics. You may notice some of the following changes in the coming weeks:
- CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between high HP Pokémon and low HP Pokémon.
- Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be retroactively rebalanced, allowing highly defensive.
- Pokémon to be valuable in battle by outlasting opponents rather than simply running out the clock.
- Defense values have also been slightly retroactively reduced for most Pokémon. Changes like these will help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.
Moving forward, you can expect to see further tweaks designed to help Trainers and their Pokémon reach their full potential. We’re looking forward to experiencing these changes with you as we explore the world together! Let’s get out there and GO!
Unfortunately, no specifics were given about these upcoming changes in regards to particular monsters. We’ll just have to wait and see how much of an effect it will have on currently strong attackers/defenders. Whether or not these will be positive changes for longtime players is yet to be determined.
In the meantime, if you’re wanting to get a jumpstart on preparing for Generation IV, head over to our article from our resident expert, JVPBlackhawks20, that tells you how.