Microsoft Studios and developer, Mojang have announced that an AR Minecraft game, with Pokémon GO-esque elements, is on its way to Android & iOS devices.
- Enjoy the world of Minecraft in a whole new way
- Explore your real-life surroundings
- Gather resources & take on challenges
- Share your creations with others
- Breed unique variants of mobs, both familiar and new
- Craft masterpieces with your friends
- Team up with others for mini adventures
Sign-up now for the chance to participate in a closed beta this Summer through the game’s official website. (You will be required to have a mobile device that runs at least iOS 10 or Android 7).
Minecraft Earth will release later this year as a free to play title.
In other news, a Minecraft movie has been announced for theatrical release on March 4th, 2022. It will be produced by Warner Bros. and directed by Peter Sollett. You can read more about it, here.
Also, the annual Minecon event (now called Minecon Live) has been confirmed for 2019. This livestream celebration of all things Minecraft will be viewable via most social media platforms, starting at 12pm EST on September 28th. Details here.
Sources: Microsoft Studios, Mojang