After revealing that a new Harvest Moon was in the works on Twitter back in May, Natsume finally gave fans a minuscule sneak peek at the upcoming title during the NGPX event last week.
Although there’s still a lot yet to be seen, here’s what we know about the game’s features so far.
- The game will have a large variety of landscapes (snow, beach, green pastures, volcanoes)
- Players will enjoy familiar tasks such as working in a barn, taking care of cows/sheep
- Harvesting crops will, as always, be included
- It appears there will be a day/night cycle
- There will be a choice of female and male protagonists
- Players will have an entire world to explore
The narration in the video also says that the land will be void of foods such as strawberries, tomatoes, and carrots, at the start of the game, which begs the question… what happened to the strawberries, tomatoes, and carrots?
Will we have to search for these items? Barter for them? Pay for them? What else will be missing from our usual culinary fare?
Whatever the case may be, it sounds like players will definitely have their work cut out for them when Harvest Moon: One World releases on PlayStation 4 & the Nintendo Switch this Fall.
Keep up with the latest news about HMOW, on the Natsume Twitter account. And, be on the lookout for the 1st of several character reveals (via Twitter) sometime this week!
Sources: NGPX, Natsume